Now that lots of fruits and veggies are fresh and in season, it’s the perfect time to make homemade baby food! Maelle is still a couple of months away from starting solids, but I wanted to take advantage of all that is locally available right now. Yesterday I did baby food marathon, making peaches, butternut squash, blueberries, avocado, and sweet potato. Allison (my sister in law) came over to make some as well but her little one kept her busy so we didn’t get as much done as anticipated. Our plan was to do an exchange with my friend Erin who did spinach and carrots. I still want to do pears, peas, mangoes, and maybe another type of squash. I also want to do some stew (slow cook a big batch and then puree and freeze in cubes) which is an easy “all in one” meal for when she’s a bit older.
I think I will be starting Maelle on avocado, which is what we started Brandon on as well. They are loaded with nutrients and full of Omega 3’s, so great “brain food”.
And here is the cute little petunia, just for fun:
1 comment:
She's cute! And yay for homemade baby food!
Post a Comment