shabby blog background

Friday, October 29, 2010

Quality Time

I have been trying to be conscious of spending quality time with the kids these past couple of months. Although I am on maternity leave, it is so easy to get 'busy' doing various social activities, errands, and household chores. It is not fair for me to be dragging the kids around in the car or to stores or out with friends while I go about my own business, so I have been trying to consciously do my own socializing and errands when the kids are not in my care.

I have also been trying to ensure that our days are not a blur, and that we are doing meaningful activities and spending quality time together. Brandon has been needing a lot of attention lately and Maelle is becoming more interactive too. We have been going out to the Borden Family Resource Centre, Ontario Early Years programs, swimming, the park, etc. I think it has really made a difference as Brandon is just absorbing things like a sponge, and his behaviour is always better when we are doing child-friendly activities. The other day, as we were pulling into the driveway after our Early Years program, Brandon out of nowhere said "that was so fun mum". It just melted my heart and made me so happy!

Here are just a few random pictures from the past couple of weeks:

Petunia!

Brandon really enjoyed picking up his money with these tongs and putting it in his bank. It entertained him for nearly an hour.

At the Borden family resource centre.

Another recent favourite...getting carried around the house in daddy's gym bag.

No comments: