shabby blog background

Friday, January 05, 2007

Salt & Pepper

So I found a very very blonde (read: grey) hair on my head the other night. Awakened by my yelps of panic, Kieran assisted me in conducting a thorough inspection of it ("Yes, it is indeed grey, not blonde" and "Yes, it is in fact attached and is not someone else's free-floating grey hair that accidentaly landed on my head") Eventually,Kieran got fed up and plucked it from my head before I could protest that two would grow in its place.

I'm only 25! I'm not ready to be old.....er, mature......uh, DISTINGUISHED!

So I did some "lite" research and here is what people seem to be saying about going grey:

- loss of hair colour is caused by death of stem cells in the hair follicle....not stress! (dang - I had Kieran convinced I needed a spa weekend to relax)

- grey is considered sexy on men ONLY

- according to the Buddha, 'grey hairs are like angels sent from the God of death" (translation: grey hair = you are dying, uh thanks)

- grey hair lets you reap the benefits of people thinking you are wise and righteous, without having to be so

- there will come a time in the not too distant future when you're no longer prematurely gray, and people will stop using the word "distinguished"

No comments: